New OGO products not syncing - Shopify Product & Variant Limits
If your store and OGO app are beginning to experience syncing new products, you may have hit your stores Shopify API/Product Creation limits.
What are the Shopify API/Product Creation limits?
Shopify has a soft limit on the number of API calls and Products you can create in your store each day. The actual limit is unknown, but if you are making a lot of products per day, there is a good chance you may hit the limits. The problem is exacerbated when you have many variants (like all the colours and sizes) in each product.
While the official reason for these limits has never been disclosed, the most common theory is that it is done to prevent spam and excessive product creation.
A standard message via the API is "Daily variant creation limit reached."
What can be done to get around this issue?
- Shopify Plus plans are excluded from the API/Product creation limits.
- Recommended: As the store owner, you can contact Shopify support and request an exception to the limits. Advice to the Shopify support team that
- Your store is using the OGO Print-on-Demand app to create products manually.
- There is no 'automation' in your product creation.
- The limits are easily triggered due to the number of colours/sizes available for each style of t-shirt.